Assembled on a whim, this has been one of my favorite creations to date. Combining the wonderful softness of cream cheese, marscarpone cheese and heavy cream with the crisp freshness of lemon juice & zest and the crunch of the wafer crust, makes me wish I would’ve made extras, so that I could have left overs right now. This could be made into a full fledged cheese cake since this is a no-bake for the cheese portion, the crust could be any standard graham cracker or vanilla wafer crushed crust. I definitely would consider this for one of my summer get togethers.
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 8 oz pkg marscarpone cheese
- 2-3+ Tbls heavy cream
- 2-3 tsp preserved lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/3 cup+ sugar
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- Combine cream cheese and marscarpone cheese in a stand blender and mix until it is fully incorporated. Continue mixing on medium speed until the cheese looks slightly whipped and fluffier.
- With the mixer now on low, add preserved lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix till combined.
- Increase the speed of the mixer to medium and add sugar. Once again, mixing until incorporated.
- At this point, the mixture will be combined, but not fully smooth. Slowly incorporate the heavy cream until the desired consistency is reached. You want the mixture to be smooth and creamy, but not too runny so it won’t stay on a wafer.
- To serve, pipe (pastry bag or ziplock bag with small hole cut in the corner) on vanilla wafers.
- The mixture will keep for 1 to 1 1/2 weeks in sealed container in the fridge.