Ever have a day where you really just don’t want to cook everything from scratch or really want to cook that much at all. I occasionally do and lucky for me, this particular night, E must have know and he took over the kitchen and created quite the tasty dinner.
These flavors came together well with the creamy Alfredo, freshness of the pesto and garlic bread feel of the puff pastry because of the butter & garlic powder treatment of the sheet pan.
I also love the make it your own aspect of this dinner. You could take a marinara, sausage and mushroom take to wrap up or just leave it more of the white sauce blend. Either way, you will enjoy!
Braided Chicken Calzone
- 1 tube large sheet puff pastry
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 package chopped pre-cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a sheet pan until coated and sprinkle on garlic powder. Lay out the sheet of puff pastry and cut both side into strips about 1″ apart, but leaving the middle intact.
- Combine Alfredo sauce and pesto for your sauce.
- Start by placing a small amount of the sauce down the center of the pastry. Top with mozzarella cheese, more sauce, artichoke hearts and chicken.
- Starting at one end, begin braiding the puff pastry at one end and work your way to the other until it is fully braided. Place in oven and cook 25-30 minutes until the inside is bubbly and pastry is golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes, cut and serve.