Here’s an easy side dish or appetizer Eric created when we were grilling out the other day. It couldn’t hurt that this involves bread and cheese…so, really, what could go wrong.
It is really delicious with the creamy fresh mozzarella, herbs and spices infused in the oils and the crunch at the bottom of the bread.
It paired really nice with grilled steak with wine seasoned butter and a side of veggies.
Grilled Mozzarella Bread
- 1/2- 1 Whole Loaf Artisan Cheese bread, sliced
- 1 package of seasoned, fresh, small mozzarella balls
- Seasoned (or regular) Olive Oil
- Butter, for bottom of bread
- Start your grill and heat on high for 3-5 minutes. Enough time to clean the grates and get the temperature up to 325-350 degrees. Prepare the grill for indirect grilling with high temperatures.
- Start with some good bread. We used an artisan cheese bread (cause there wasn’t enough cheese in this dish already). Slice the bread into equal size slices and butter only the bottom side. Place the bread, butter side down, on a grilling sheet. If you don’t have a grilling sheet, you could use a double layer of tin foil. This is used to prevent a lot of the oil to flame up when it drops down.
- Drizzle the seasoned olive oil of the top of each slice of bread. Add three of the fresh mozzarella on each piece. Place the grill pan on the grill side with no flame. Watch them to prevent from burning, but keep the lid closed as much as possible to allow the heat to melt the cheese. The total cook time will range from 4-8 minutes, depending on your grill.