Remove shallots from the wine and let cool.
In a bowl combine room temperature butter, cooled shallots and chopped herbs. Stir until all ingredients have combined. Spoon mixture onto a piece of wax paper and roll up into a log form, twisting the ends to tighten.
Refrigerate to chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve by slicing off approximately 1 tablespoon size piece of butter and place over grilled steak. Let butter melt at least half way and coat steak before eating.
Butter Roll can be stored in a zip-lock bag in the fridge until it is used up…my guess is it won’t last long!
- 1 stick salted sweet cream butter, at room temperature
- 3 medium size shallots, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tsp total of a combination of your favor fresh chopped herbs: rosemary, basil, thyme, oregano, etc. – I used fresh rosemary and sage.
- Heat red wine in saucepan at medium heat. Add chopped shallots until wine has reduced until almost gone. Remove shallots from wine and let cool.
- Combine shallots and all other ingredients in bowl and mix together until incorporated.
- Spoon unto wax paper and roll into log.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving a slice over your steak.