These refreshing sippers liven up your otherwise standard sparkling water while still providing your that necessary cool down when the heat index is over 100 degrees, as it is expected to be this week in Minnesota. That’s right – for you out of stater’s that think that Minnesota is this cold, frozen place where people only talk in funny ‘Fargo’ accents and are ‘nice’ all the time – I guaranty you that couldn’t be farther from the truth…at least, not this week.
This week, there will be overheated Minnesotans who may talk funny and will not know that they are not being nice because they are too hot to know the difference. Unfortunately, it seems like only yesterday I was wondering when winter would end (because it was a long winter and probably similar to what most of the country thinks our weather is like most of the time). Well, we took a quick hop from a long, cold winter into a HOT HOT HOT summer. Thank the P.T.B. for AC today.
This Mock-tail can be made individually per glass, in pitcher form for a group or spiced up with rum to become a mojito.
Lime Mint Mock-tails
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (1/2 lime for one glass or 6-8 limes for a pitcher)
- White Sugar (2 tsp for one glass or 1/3-1/2 cup for a pitcher – all based on your preference)
- Fresh Mint (4-6 leaves for one glass or around 1/4 cup for pitcher – again based on your preference)
- Sparkling Water or Club Soda (2 cups for one glass or 2 liters for a pitcher)
- Ice cubes
- Break off mint sprigs from stems and place in bottom of glass (or pitcher). Add fresh squeezed lime juice and sugar. Muddle all ingredients together until sugar dissolves in lime juice.
- Add ice and Sparkling water. Stir together.
- Serve with lime wedge or just drink up.
*Originally Posted July 20th, 2011.