Of course, I had to be adventurous and make the pizza dough, also. Primarily because I secretly believe that Emeril Lagasse told me to do so when I found his pizza dough recipe online. Store bought dough would work for this, too.
I knew the juice left over with the pulled pork would make a solid sauce for this. My only need to fill was the cheese and anything else I would like. The only things that I could think of that would work well with this was already in the pulled pork mixture (onion and pineapple). Added just shredded mozzarella and fresh chopped cilantro and it was a winner folks.
- Pizza Dough, approx 12″ Diameter (fresh made or store bought)
- 2-3 Cups Hawaiian Pulled Pork with sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- Handful roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If you’re using a baking stone instead of a sheet pan, preheat with the oven.
- Roll out dough and spread pork mixture, mozzarella and cilantro around the top in that order.
- Place pizza on stone (or sheet pan) and bake for 14-18 minutes till outside crust and nice and golden brown and cheese is melted.
- After removing from over, let sit for 3-5 minutes before cutting to allow the pizza, cheese and other toppings to firm up a bit.