I started out this post (and this recipe making) with a tequila based cocktail called the Agave Kiss. I thought that would be a fitting romantic themed cocktail for the upcoming romantic holiday. So, it may well have been a nice idea, but it did not hit my pallet in the same manner.
So I scrapped it…and by scrapped, I mean it went down the drain. And I came up with the next best thing on a snowy Saturday evening – A Chocolate Snowball!
My Chocolate Snowball creation has smooth drinkability with a creamy kick and will help make any winter snowy evening a little cooler…or warmer, depending on how many you have!
Experimental Spoon’s Cocktail of the Month
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Cream de Cocoa (clear color)
- 1 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbls cocoa
- 2 Tbls sugar
- Place ice cubes in your martini/cocktail glass to chill. Combine cocoa and sugar on a plate and mix well. This will be for lining the glass.
- In a tall shaker over ice, combine vodka, cream de cocoa and whipping cream. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Remove ice from cocktail glass, wet the rim and twist in the cocoa/sugar mixture until coated. Strain Chocolate Snowball out of shaker into glass. Sprinkle a pinch of cocoa/sugar on top.
Happy (& Safe) Cocktailing!!!
*Recipe original to Experimental Spoon.