We have been so set on weeknight dinners lately that we have forgotten the glory that is appetizers. That perfect little bite to satisfy your taste buds that you get to use either your fingers or a tiny fork!
Wontons are the definition of a well rounded appetizer – it includes the creamy inside of avocado and cream cheese, the crispy fried wonton wrapper, and the salty addition of the soy sauce for dipping.
I enjoyed these so much, that they will most likely be part of the Super Bowl party fun in a week. I’m looking forward to that Avocado goodness all over again!
Avocado Cream Cheese Wontons
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 avocados
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, avocado and salt in a bowl until mixed together.
- Begin heating oil in a skillet. Lay out wonton wrappers and place avocado mixture in the center. Fold making a triangle, wetting around in the inside of the wonton to bind the sides together.
- Fry in oil, turning once until browned. Top with sea salt and/or cilantro and serve with soy sauce.
Adaptations that are in my Future:
- Make these ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze depending on how far in advance. Let thaw before frying if you freeze.
- Adding Sriracha to the filling and red pepper flake to soy or reduce the soy sauce.
**Recipe from Budget Friendly Diva.