SOOOO good! Like the perfect combo taco, burrito, chimichanga…this dinner was super tasty! My favorite part is everything that you can put on top of these crunchy, creamy dinner delights. More cheese, more salsa, lettuce, refried beans, hot sauce. Yum! Yum!
Just seeing the pictures of this makes me want to make them again. Maybe it’s the memories of the chimichanga’s my family used to make. These have the same crunch on the tortilla shell and the same creamy stuffing texture of those dinners of 20-30 years ago. Holy Buckets!!! 20-30 years ago! Tried and true – this technique of stuffing a shell and frying in a little bit of oil makes a satisfying dinner.
Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 9-10 flour tortilla shells
- 2 Tbls vegetable or canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, salsa and cheese.
- Heat a small amount of the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Roll 2 spoonfuls of chicken mixture in each shell and roll up.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side till tortilla is crunchy and the middle gets warm.
- Serve with all the yummy stuff mentioned above: cheese, shredded lettuce, refried beans, sour cream, hot sauce, avocado, scallions, etc. ENJOY!!!
**Recipe from CinnamonSpice&EverythingNice website.