Personally, I have a hard time remembering whether it is called AntiPastO or AntiPastA. Primarily because it somewhat feels like a pasta salad without the pasta – aka, AntiPasta. Either way you want to say it, this salad will be a big hit at your next gathering.
- Salami or Summer Sausage
- Cheese – I used Provolone & Mozzarella – I’m from Wisconsin and I love cheese
- Green Greek Olives
- Artichoke Hearts, quartered
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbls chopped fresh basil or 1 Tbls dried basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbls parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup olive oil
- Dice and chop everything that needs to be broken down (meats, cheeses, tomatoes and artichoke hearts, etc). Pit the olives if necessary. Put everything in a large bowl.
- Combine the rest of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk together.
- Top the salad ingredients with the vinaigrette and chill together for at least one hour to allow for the flavors to combine.
- Serve either on a stick as shown or with a spoon and enjoy!
Notes: You can make the vinaigrette a day ahead of time and keep chilled in the fridge. I also served this minus the mini skewers for a get together at my home. Left everything in a nice large bowl…and believe me, that bowl was empty by the end of the party.