Butter is an unbelievably hot commodity at my house. Between the cooking, the baking, the toast consumption and the fact that it can go with just about any meal, it is taken quite seriously.
Whether it is salted or not, when I think of butter, I think of how working in the right amount of cool butter into dry flour can make the perfect scones, or when you cut into a fresh loaf of bread and smear just a little bit of sweetened-herbed butter on top it transforms that bread into a slice of heaven.
Rosemary Honey Butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) room temperature butter
- 1 tsp honey (can substitute agave nectar if you would want)
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- Mix together all ingredients until honey & rosemary are fully incorporated into the butter.
- Serve in a small ramekin or other small dish.
Tip: You could place the butter in small silicone molds of seasonal things (ie stars for the 4th of july or small leaves for the Thanksgiving/Christmas season) and place in fridge until set up. Pop out and serve the individual serving shaped pats at your next get together.