Let me tell you a story…it’s about a person who loves to be great at everything. So this person jumped head first in the deep end of a very large pool by taking a new job at the beginning of the year. There was so much to learn (and there still is) about the business and how to do thing. So much so that she was exhausted a lot of the time and the love and passion for food took a back seat to the rest of life and work. Not that she didn’t cook, but the amount of energy available to go into cooking was severely lessened.
If you haven’t guessed already…that person is me. You all have seen how much I love cooking and creating…if you have ever looked at this blog before…and you may be with me on how sad it can be when life gets in the way of doing something that you love.
I would like to say that this post would be my vow to post more often and put more fun foodie things in the blogosphere, but that would be a lot to promise right now. What I can say is that I was extremely happy to find a simple side dish that I didn’t have to think too much about while cooking and it paired quite well with my soy honey chicken breasts. Enjoy the simplicity!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 Cup rice, cooked to instructions
- Zest of one lime & some juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbls fresh chopped cilantro
- Cook rice to package instructions. While cooking, zest lime, mince garlic & chop cilantro.
- Fluff cooked rice and stir in olive oil, lime zest, garlic, cilantro and squeeze half of the lime. Stir. Add salt & pepper to taste.
*Recipe from Rachel Ray Magazine, unknown issue.