Looking for that appetizer to help make your Super Bowl party pop! Well, I may be a little late on the planning, but just in case – here you are – Marinaded Beef Tips!!!
These tips are tender and perfect when served on a toothpick for everyone to enjoy – adults and kids alike. The marinade on this meat make the tips a little sweet and combines with the remaining marinade sauce to have a deep salty steak flavor that nobody can resist.
We made this for the little one’s birthday party and was a big hit. Although, I should probably stop calling her the little one since she is in double digits and is quickly approaching my height. It was a great appetizer for the crowd that day…as I imagine it would be for any Super Bowl Party!
Marinaded Beef Tips
- 2 lbs sirloin beef tips
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup A-1 sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbls ground black pepper
- Salt to taste – not much needed with the marinade.
- Combine all ingredients (minus the salt) in a freezer safe ziplock and marinade the beef for 8+ hours. Make sure that the marinade covers all of the beef.
- When you are ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Drain the marinade from the beef (you will not need any longer). Cook half of the beef at a time in the skillet for approximately 3-4 minutes, turning until all sides of the beef are cooked. If you like the meat medium rare, you are done. Cook longer if you would like, but not too long, as the meat will get tough.
- Serve with caramelized onions and toothpicks or appetizer forks. Enjoy!!!
*Recipe from website afamilyfeast.com.