When I think of a romantic dinner and what dessert would top things off perfectly, I think of Lava Cakes. They’re rich and creamy and decadent and …well, I could keep going. All of this adds up to they are the perfect finish to a romantic meal.
- 1/2 cup butter, plus extra melted butter
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolates
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tbls flour
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush 4 small souffle pans with melted butter.
- Melt chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in a heat proof bowl over simmering water, stir until smooth.
- Stir in powdered sugar. Then add eggs and eggs yolks and keep stirring. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Share between the four cups and bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Let them rest for a few minutes and then serve on individual plates.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cocoa.