I can only take credit for a portion of this recipe – and that portion is combining everything together. The smoked ribs and baked beans were left overs from a fun-tastic family gathering this spring. The food spread was amazing – it included the smoked ribs and baked beans, along with chips and dips, salads, corn on the cob, and of course – lots of laughter.
This meal came together somewhat out of creativity and somewhat out of laziness. Meals that come together like this always make me smile because I don’t have to run to the store, and I still had a mighty tasty meal.
Basically, it’s a lazy Sunday afternoon and I haven’t had lunch yet. Even though food is on my mind a lot, I don’t have a plan for the menu every day. So, when I run into left overs, unused tortillas and mozzarella cheese, I have found myself a good lunch.
This recipe isn’t anything exact because it really depends what you have in your fridge. Think of this recipe as the meat that you have, a bean or sauce and cheese and you can have your left over quesadillas.
Smoked Rib & Baked Bean Quesadilla
- 1/3 cup shredded meat, in this case smoked ribs
- 1/4 cup baked beans
- 10″ tortilla shell
- 1/4 cup + mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped chives
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the meat, beans and cheese on one half of the tortilla shell and fold the other half over.
- Place closed shell in the skillet and cook on both sides for approximately 4-5 minutes per side, until the shell and toasted evenly, the meat is warm and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into four triangles and serve with sour cream and sprinkled with chives.
Happy Creative Left Overs!!!